Meeting Room Use
The Buena Vista Public Library welcomes the use of its meeting room for meetings, lectures and other gatherings. The goal of this policy is to provide wide access to the meeting room on a first-come, first-served basis to as many citizens as possible. The room is available on a reserved-only basis by government agencies, non-profit organizations, and groups engaged in educational, civic, cultural, intellectual and charitable activities.
The meeting room is available to all citizens of Chaffee County on equal terms regardless of opinion or affiliation. Permission granted to meet in the library meeting room in no way constitutes endorsement by the library or staff of the policies or beliefs of any group or organization. Neither claim to that effect nor claim to Library sponsorship may be used, explicitly or implicitly, in advertising. Neither the name nor address of the Library may be used as the official address or headquarters of an organization or group using the meeting room.
No fee will be charged for non-profit organization events that are free and open to the public. The following fee structure applies to groups or individuals using the room for commercial purposes:
$25.00 per 4 hours or less, or $50.00 per 5+ hours in a single day
The Library Director, or Circulation Manager, will review all requests for the meeting room’s use and determine eligibility prior to granting approval. Requests to reserve the meeting room are tentative until such confirmation is received by any interested party.
Reservations for the meeting room will be scheduled in order of request.
- A reservation application must be made in advance of the event.
First priority in scheduling is reserved for library programming.
- All meetings or gatherings in the space must end NO LATER than 10 minutes prior to library closing time, and may begin no sooner than the library’s regularly scheduled public opening.
- The library reserves the right to limit the frequency of use of the room by any group or individual in order to accommodate as many community members as possible.
- Reservations are taken up to 30 days in advance, or at the discretion of the Library Director and/or Circulation Manager.
BASIC RULES OF USE
- Room occupancy is limited to 80 occupants (without furniture) or 40 occupants (including furniture).
- No admission fees may be charged by groups using the meeting room.
- Smoking is permitted outside in the designated area only.
The room is ADA compliant.
- No organization or group using the meeting room can discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, religion, age, or handicapped status while occupying the room.
The library is not responsible for items or equipment left in the library building before, during, or after an event.
- The Buena Vista Public Library cannot be listed as a co-sponsor of any event without prior approval from the Library Director.
- It is the responsibility of the group using the meeting room to obtain final confirmation/approval of room use prior to issuing invitations and promotional materials.
- The library’s telephone number should not be listed in promotional literature.
ROOM SET-UP AND EQUIPMENT USE
- Set-up and special arrangements are the responsibility of the user. The library is unable to offer furniture arrangements and/or room décor changes.
- Tables and chairs are available for public use if the user sets up the furniture and returns the room to its original condition.
No tacks, nails or other alterations are permitted to furniture, walls, carpet, or ceiling panels. Live flames and/or fire are not permitted in the space.
- Refreshments may be served in the meeting room. There is a small sink and a refrigerator that may be utilized. Contents of the cupboards in the kitchen area are the property of the library and are not for public use.
- All equipment needed for refreshments is the responsibility of the user.
If the carpet or furniture is soiled by spills, or other accidental mishap, the user agrees to notify library staff so that clean up can be initiated.
- Alcoholic beverages are not permitted on library property.
CLEAN UP AND DAMAGES
Groups and individuals using the meeting room are responsible for returning the room to its original condition.
- No storage of equipment or other items is available on library premises.
Damages to library property by the using organization, it members, affiliated persons, guests, invitees, or licensees shall be the financial responsibility of the group reserving the room.
All users agree to pay for any necessary repairs/replacements needed as a result of damages occurring during their use of the space.
PATRON CODE OF CONDUCT
- Appropriate conduct is expected as a condition of room use. Please refer to the Library’s Patron Code of Conduct for guidelines and expectations.
The Library and staff are unable to provide childcare services. Please refer to the Safe Child Guidelines for the library’s policy on unattended children on library property.