The Buena Vista Public Library currently offers limited services to help combat community spread of the Coronavirus:
- Hours: Monday through Friday 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. for 1-hour computer reservations, printing and copier use, and access to the collection. Reading areas and play areas remained closed.
- Library occupancy will be limited to 10 guests at any given time. All visitors must wear a face mask for the duration of their visit.
- Curbside Service: Place orders online or call in requests; call ahead after receiving your notice that items are ready and a package will be left in the front foyer for pickup.
- Printing: send files and quantity information to firstname.lastname@example.org and call ahead for curbside pickup. The Library is currently printing up to 10 black and white copies for free.
- Computers by reservation: limited to four stations. Call 395-8700 for a 1-hour reservation, or available on a first-come basis.
- All returns may go in the outdoor Book Return, including media. Items are quarantined and cleaned per CDC recommendations before returning to circulation.
The Library has increased its ebook and audiobook purchases and offers tens of thousands of digital books, movies, and magazines. Our website www.buenavistalibrary.org offers tutorials on all of our available resources. Meeting room use continues to be suspended. WiFi is available throughout our parking areas 24 hours a day.
Digital books, movies, and magazines are accessible from home, with your Library Card.
RB Digital: Digital magazines
New York Times: Online Newspaper
Overdrive: eBooks and audiobooks
Tumblebooks: Kids’ books, games, languages
Kanopy: Movies, documentaries, and TV shows for the whole family