The Buena Vista Public Library currently offers limited services to protect our community and staff from the Coronavirus:
Effective September 1 = New Hours and Policies:
- Service Hours:
Monday through Friday: 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Saturdays: 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Guests limited to one-hour visits.
- Library occupancy will be limited to 15 guests at any given time.
- All visitors must wear a face mask for the duration of their visit.
- Available Services: Browsing, checkout, returns (outside or in lobby hallway), inter-library loan, 6 computer stations, printer and copier use, study room by reservation, Wi-Fi, limited reading and study seating.
- Curbside Service: Due to popularity, curbside pickup remains available. Call ahead at least 15-minutes prior to your arrival. Items will be checked out and placed in the front foyer for pickup.
- Printing: Send files and quantity information to email@example.com . Pick up items at the circulation desk. Normal fees apply: $0.10 per black and white page/ $0.75 per color page.
- All returns may go in the outdoor Book Return, including media. Items are quarantined for 3 to 7 days and cleaned per CDC recommendations before returning to circulation.
The Library has increased its ebook and audiobook purchases and offers tens of thousands of digital books, movies, and magazines. Our website www.buenavistalibrary.org offers tutorials on all of our available resources. Meeting room use continues to be suspended. WiFi is available throughout our parking areas 24 hours a day.
Digital books, movies, and magazines are accessible from home, with your Library Card.
RB Digital: Digital magazines
New York Times: Online Newspaper
Overdrive: eBooks and audiobooks
Tumblebooks: Kids’ books, games, languages
Kanopy: Movies, documentaries, and TV shows for the whole family