Library Modified Services
The Buena Vista Public Library currently offers modified services to help combat community spread of the Coronavirus and acts in accordance with Chaffee County Public Health Ordinances.
- Face masks are recommended for unvaccinated guests and for all guests in group situations. If requesting assistance from a staff member requiring proximity within 6 feet, guests will be asked to wear a mask.
- Printing: send files and quantity information to firstname.lastname@example.org and call ahead for curbside pickup or use a public computer.
- Computers available by reservation or walk-in (if available): limited to six stations. Call 395-8700 for availability.
- All returns may go in the outdoor Book Return, including media, or place in a bin inside the library. Items are held overnight and cleaned before returning to circulation. No fines are issued for overdue items.
- The meeting room remains unavailable to the public until public indoor space limits are lifted (Anticipated when the County reaches a 70% vaccination rate).
The Library has increased its ebook and audiobook purchases and offers tens of thousands of digital books, movies, and magazines. Our website www.buenavistalibrary.org offers tutorials on all of our available resources. Public WiFi is available throughout our parking areas and at McPhelemy Park 24 hours a day.