Chaffee County Covid-19 Status: BLUE
The Buena Vista Public Library currently offers modified services to help combat community spread of the Coronavirus and acts in accordance with Chaffee County Public Health Ordinances.
- Hours: Monday through Friday 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. and Saturday 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. for limited computer use, printing and copier use, and access to the collection.
- Curbside Service remains available for hold pick up. Call ahead and a package will be left in the front foyer for pickup.
- Library occupancy will be limited to 25 guests at any given time.
- All visitors must wear a face mask for the duration of their visit.
- Guests are limited to a one-hour visit per day.
- Printing: send files and quantity information to email@example.com and call ahead for curbside pickup or use a public computer.
- Computers available by reservation or walk-in (if available): limited to six stations. Call 395-8700 for availability.
- All returns may go in the outdoor Book Return, including media, or place in a bin inside the library. Items are quarantined for 24 hours and cleaned per CDC recommendations before returning to circulation. No fines are issued for overdue items.
- The meeting room remains unavailable to the public until public indoor space limits are lifted (Anticipated when the County reaches a 70% vaccination rate).
The Library has increased its ebook and audiobook purchases and offers tens of thousands of digital books, movies, and magazines. Our website www.buenavistalibrary.org offers tutorials on all of our available resources. Meeting room use continues to be suspended. Public WiFi is available throughout our parking areas and at McPhelemy Park 24 hours a day.